Sunday, September 28, 2008

River Rafting!

I was thrilled when I got to know the news. We were going to go river rafting. This seemed to be the bes thing I will do all summer.

My parents and siblings are all going to come. Everybody’s excited and has high expectations about this event. I mean how many people actually go river rafting in their life. I know of people who only dream about such things. It is going to be a lot of fun. Nothing will go wrong. Even if something does, my dad can handle it. He is very knowledgeable about rafting.

When we got to the river, I started getting scared. Seeing the vast river, with fast and fierce waves crashing hard on the rocks was enough to knock some sense into people. It even reminded me of the swimming lessons that my mother made me take. And I silently thanked her for them.

Finally when we started, it turned out to be a lot of fun. We were made to wear really cool looking life jackets and were sprayed with indefinite amounts of water. It was as if we were sitting in the shower. I loved every millisecond of it and did not want such a roller coaster ride to end.

It definitely was the best thing I did all summer.

No comments: